As a phlebotomist/lab tech, your duty is to obtain blood specimen from the patients in a timely manner along with other job functions. Below is a quick list of the job duties that you should expect when working as a phlebotomist/lab tech and perform the phlebotomist job duties.
1. Ensure all specimens are labeled and processes accordingly, attach corresponding lab requisitions to specimens and prepare them for route.
2. Perform daily inspections in all rooms including lab. Ensure that all biohazard containers and sharp containers are emptied and replaced as needed.
3. Ensure all bleach solution bottles are at a 10%-90% ratio and logs are up to date.
4. Perform daily blood draws with safety precautions and use any PPE’s as needed.
5. Log in and record daily, weekly, and monthly logs such as water temperatures in all rooms and O2 levels to be done every Monday.
6. Every two weeks you must submit orders to appropriate lab for supplies.
7. Verify insurance and ensure that labs are going to corresponding laboratory.
8. Call lab carriers as needed.
9. Assist providers in obtaining needed lab results in a timely manner.
10. Clean, stock, and sanitize all lab supplies.
11. Perform monthly inspection and ensure all expired medication and supplies are discarded appropriately and all supplies are in corresponding cabinets.
12. Ensure that all machines are working and calibrated as needed.
13. Fax monthly logs to foundation lab.
Additional Duties as assigned.
• Good understanding of Medical Terminology
• Great Communication Skills
• Teamwork Orientation
• Thoroughness and Attention to Detail
Required Education and Experience
1. Licensed Clinical Phlebotomy Technician
2. Minimum 1 year of Phlebotomy experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. CPT 2
2. FQHC setting experience
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org